May 27, 2013

Is it Friday Yet?

I am beyond ecstatic for Friday. Why you ask? Because then I will be united with my love, Coach Kemp! He has been in Toledo without his better half for almost three weeks… The first week was pretty smooth, I must attest that I have grown accustomed to multiple days solo with Jason’s coaching schedule. But, three long weeks has been a little too long in my books. So, I am glad that we will be able to spend a fun-filled week in our new city.

What do we have on our agenda? Hmm, I am not so sure but I am hoping that we are able to explore a few things like:

The Toledo Farmers’ Market


After living in Madison for five years, my expectations for farmers’ markets elevated substantially. Madison’s Market is pretty well-known and is set-up around the capitol square – making it even more of a sight; it is such an experience. I am looking forward to exploring the Downtown Toledo Farmers’ Market on Saturday. We do have a recruit visiting, but I am hoping that that is not a daylong endeavor.

42nd Annual Old West End Festival



In an effort to learn more about the various neighborhoods in Toledo, I think it would be fun to join the fun in the festival. From the Internet I learned that the Historic District is comprised of over 25 city blocks squared and hosts some of the finest architecture of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. During the festival, official events include house tours (love); a beer pavilion and food tent (for Coach Kemp); and a vendor’s alley! Sounds like a winner to me.

University of Toledo Campus & Athletic Facilities



Obviously this is a no brainer but I am enthused to see the wonderful Rocket Athletic facilities as well as the beautiful university campus. Perhaps, I will even be able to get a run or two in while there. Running is my favorite way to explore a new city, and university campuses tend to the safest locale for a novice in a city.

Dining Out


Jason has dined at a few Toledo local favorites, all of which he has raved about. I am thinking we will dine at a few of these joints over the week and explore some new ones.

Michelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment