May 14, 2013

Kindness is Contagious: The Kemp Edition

For those of you residing in the Fargo/Moorhead, you may be familiar with Nicole Phillips, wife of Bison men’s head basketball coach Saul Phillips’, weekly columns in The Forum newspaper. Her weekly columns entitled, “Kindness is Contagious,” document different “acts” of kindness and generosity in an effort to showcase how joyful and caring “others” can be towards strangers or simply those in their community. 

Well, this evening after gifting Jason’s beloved and first manly grill to a set of newlyweds, I decided to check the mail. I was surprised to see one envelope from the parents of my former co-worker. As I walked up the stairs, I jogged my memory as to why I would be receiving a letter from her parents since she no longer resides in Fargo and I had already received her wedding thank you. When I opened the card this is what I found:


The newspaper article from The Forum telling the world that Coach Kemp was moving on. Ok, so I have talked enough about him moving on, but the gesture and note were so sweet and kind. I shed a tear that my former co-worker’s mother would think to cut out the article, send it to me, and write such a special note of congratulations and well-wishes. See, the thing is, both Coach Kemp and I had neglected to get a newspaper with the said article. And, as my former co-worker’s mother stated: “mothers and grandmothers like these types of things.”

I am still smiling!

Michelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment