Ok, so since then, I have eaten the rest of the flavors and have an updated review of the 16 Quest bars! And let me tell you, I had to search high and low for the Cinnamon Roll bar, jeeze, the things we bloggers do for a review. I should solicit this review for compensation from Quest Bar! Ha, just kidding.
I love my fellow Renegade members. Just last week GNC had a 24-hour BOGO deal online, and in select stores. Whenever such a deal is had, one member will announce it on Facebook. Well, like I said I was at a conference, so not at my desk, where I do all my online damage, I mean online window shopping. I tried to order 4 boxes online, but it would not go through. During one of our breaks I saw that many were having troubles with this offer! This is not the first time that said issue has occurred. I did stop by a store front GNC, and got 4 boxes (2 Cookies & Cream, 1 White Chocolate Raspberry, and 1 Cookie Dough), but not for the insane deal that Jocelyn snagged.
So, without further-ado, my full review of all the bars, and a few edits to the previous mentioned bars!
1. Cookies & Cream. Hands down DELICIOUS! I can now truly say that this is by far my favorite Quest Bar, and I was pretty much expecting that it would be from all those fellow Quest lovers recommendations! This bar has all the components of why I love the White Chocolate, the white chocolate chunks, but then also adds in the cookies part. There are sections of oreo cookie crumbles, like the crumbles you find in the ice cream store, crushed oreo of sorts, but not with the cream filling. So its like the oreo cookies crumbles that is used for an Oreo McFlurry. Go out and buy one TODAY!
2B. The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bar is pretty darn good! Coach Kemp likes this one straight out of the oven with a glass of almond milk. Maybe I can fool him with a dozen Cookie Dough Quest Bar cookies, when he is desiring something sweet! Now, I actually think I prefer this bar cold, right out of the wrapper verse in the oven, which was completely shocking to me! But my reasoning is that when the bar is room temperature, you can see the huge, and I mean HUGE, chunks of dark chocolate. I had to look at the ingredients list a few times, to make sure they didn't stick some Hershey's chocolate in there! Whether it is eaten hot or cold, I highly recommend that you pair it with a cold glass of almond milk. Hey, that only adds 150 Calories, 3g Fat, 5g Protein, and 27g Carbs. Just a little FYI for those of you counting those macros :)
3. The Banana Nut Muffin bar could almost fool one into really thinking they are eating banana bread. As I
4. The Apple Pie is pretty scrumptious warmed in the microwave for about 20 seconds. This one surprised me since I despise apple pie, in general. I am not a huge fan of cooked fruit, but lately my tunes have been changing. I only had this one warm, so I can not attest to the flavor if cold.
5. I was happily surprised that I enjoyed the Double Chocolate Chunk bar. I automatically assumed that because I disliked the Chocolate Brownie, that my sentiments would be equally disdained for this bar. I was so not looking forward to it, but it ended up being very tasty, and a bar I would definitely reach for when in need of a "chocolate" fix!
6. Now, I was really surprised that I enjoyed the Mixed Berries as mush as I did. I swear this whole
7. This too was one that I was surprised that I liked. If you remember my original post, and as you can read below, I was not very satisfied with the Peanut Butter and Jelly Bar, Peanut Butter Supreme, and Chocolate Brownie. Taking that all together, I was apprehensive about this bar. But, I really enjoyed the Chocolate Peanut Butter bar. This bar is more chocolate than peanut butter, but there were bits of peanuts/almonds visible!
8. Coconut Cashew was pleasant and "light" tasting. I could taste the coconut, not so much the cashew, but I overall, liked the bar.
9. Lemon Cream Pie was refreshing, not too tart, and pleasantly sweet.
10. The Cinnamon Roll bar was good. It did not leave a good or bad impression on my mind, and I remember thinking, "I'd eat it again because it was sweet!" Hey, can you knock a girl for admitting her sweet tooth.
11. The Strawberry Cheesecake was ok. I think I was yearning for a little more cheesecake flavor than what I got in my mouth. It was nice to taste the freeze dried strawberries though.
12. This is another bar that I had high hopes for... The Peanut Butter Supreme, and again, I think my hopes were a little too high. The picture on the packaging is of a peanut butter pie, which I can't recollect if I have ever consumed, but I am sure I have. Now I sear I saw a swirl of peanut butter so that did bring joy to my life, but I was not sure what to expect. Because of this, I can't say that the bar was a complete flop, but the overall taste did not remind me of a pie, like I figured it would from the picture. Maybe I should go out and purchase a Peanut Butter Supreme Pie to compare! Ha, not! That comment will certainly be mentioned by Coach Kemp, since he swears I am neglecting a certain food group (i.e., Desserts!).
14. So, I have a confession, I remember eating the Vanilla Almond Crunch, can't provide a review as it obviously did not leave a positive or negative impression. It is at the bottom of the list, simply because I can't remember!
15. I hate to say that I disliked, maybe even despised one of the bars, but the Chocolate Brownie did nothing for me. Now, I must admit that I am not that fond of plain brownies, in general, and I think this may be playing a contributing factor. Jason said he liked them, so I am hoping he delves into 12-count box because I am having a hard time eating them.
Question of the Day: Which Quest bar is your favorite?