March 21, 2014

March Madness Upsets Galore!

Yesterday I shared about my dismay for my sprained ankle and the fact that the Toledo Rockets' season has come to an end. I also asked readers to share some of their disappointments or upsets of late. Well, my 10 readers had nothing for me, which is ok with me. Today, I have a few March Madness upsets that I am elated about. Isn't it funny how quickly one's mood can change. Well, don't get me wrong, I am pretty bummed about this ankle situation, but I do believe that a few days of rest will do the ankle good! And, I need to thank the members of the National Black Marathoners Association Facebook page for all their recommendations and wise suggestions. I had never posted any inquiries on the page, but simply felt compelled to ask the veterans their advice about my marathon trajectory. To my astonishments, the advise came running in (pun intended), hehe.

The first upset of the NCAA tournament was Dayton beating Ohio State University. From my standpoint, people too often assume that the high major teams and/or the high-seads will beat the mid-major teams. I was pretty pleased to see this in-state rivalry game end the way it did. It just further proves that their is great talent at all levels in college basketball.

But, The University of Florida (Go Gators!) and University Wisconsin-Madison (On Wisconsin!) are simply superior, in all respects, and if you put them high on your bracket you are one smart cookie.

Now, the Cinderella story of the 2014 NCAA tournament no doubt is the NDSU Bison men's team! Hell to the yeah! If you missed this game, the highlights will only give you a small glimpse into the pure excitement and thriller of a game that was had. Here are the three highlights of the game, in my opinion:

3. Freshman guard, Carlin Dupree whose fade reminds me of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air hit two free-throws after sitting the bench for nearly 40 minutes. So basically, what I am saying people, Carlin was not "lose" in basketball terms, and went out there and made buckets! And, did I mention he is a freshman?!!?

2. Got to go back to my boy Carlin. In OT, with only about 40 seconds left in the game, Carlin drove and made a gutsy lay-up which pushed the Bison up four!

1. The number one play of the game, hands down, goes to Senior point guard Lawrence Alexander, better known as LA. With seconds on the clock, in regulation, and down by 3 LA swished the hottest three of the day!


And then, the highlights after the game; brought tears of joy. I am such a stinking sap, but I love it!


Question of the Day: How is your bracket fairing thus far?

Michelyn


No comments:

Post a Comment