March 12, 2014

WIAW: 3.11.14 & March Madness Updates

Just a little FYI, from today until April 7th, almost every post will have some aspect of basketball - sorry to all those who dislike college basketball. Actually, you are following the wrong blog if you are not at least inquisitive to the life of a college basketball wife, we are an interesting bunch!

Breakfast


This hi-protein apple cinnamon oatmeal is so delicious and easy. While in Tampa over the weekend, I shared the recipe with my mother and even she is a fan!

Ingredients

  • 1/2 C Dry Oatmeal
  • medium Apple
  • 1-2 scoops vanilla protein
  • Stevia/Truvia
  • 1/2 C (or less) Almond Milk
  • Cinnamon 
  • 1-2 Tbsp Sugar-free Apple Sauce (optional)
Directions

  1. Boil 1 C water and 1/2 diced apple (skin removed)
  2. Once water is boiling, place dry oatmeal in water and follow preparation directions
  3. Mix cooked oatmeal, protein powder, cinnamon, stevia/truvia, and almond milk. 
  4. Optional: Add sugar free apple sauce
  5. Place additional half diced (skin removed) apple on top!


Snack #1

This is my 1/2 C Greek Yogurt + Greens + Mixed Berry Mix + Wow sweetener

Lunch

Chopped salad with 4oz shredded chicken, 2 oz feta cheese, EVOO and vinegar dressing, plus lots of veggies!

Snack #2/Pre-Run 



If you have not tried a Quest Bar, then stop reading and head over to their website. They have some fun promos. You can get a 6 flavor trial box of 12 bars for only $25.99. The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor is pulling at my heart strings. It has actual chunks of chocolate, and I think I have decided that I prefer it not baked which is saying a lot.

Dinner

I was starving after my run, although I only logged 6 miles. Coach Kemp had prepared the taco salad essentials, I piled my plate high, and dug in. It was not until this last, tiny bite that I realized that I had forgotten to take a picture!

Going to the Dance: Championship Week Winners 3.11.2014

Horizon League: Milwaukee
Summit League: North Dakota State University
Northeast Conference: Mount Saint Mary's
West Coast Conference: Gonzaga

No comments:

Post a Comment