March 7, 2014

Pageant Gowns Seen at the Oscars 2014

Are you over award season and all the gowns? If so, don't continue reading any farther because I have a post today about the recent Oscars! Well, can you blame me? I've got pageant gowns on the brain, and just could not not post about some of the gowns worn down the red carpet that I could also see a pageant contestant adorning.
 
I will be honest, the evening gown competition is my favorite! My all-time favorite evening gown (EG) is the one I wore when I won Miss WI USA 2008. 


Not the best picture of the dress, but I also wanted to post a picture of one of my pageant besties, Ashley Rich, who blogs over at If You Give a Girl a Ring. On Monday she posted a cute recap of her top Oscar dresses, in typical pageant style, the Top 13! Ashley's blog is super cute. Every Wednesday, she does "Wedding Wednesdays" where she discusses various aspects of her recent marriage to her hubby! And, her wedding was fabulous! Her gown was to die for and she used the same wedding photographers, Bellow Blue!

Since I am emceeing the Miss Suncoast and Miss Nature Coast pageants tomorrow, can you tell that I am excited, I wanted to share a few Oscar dresses that I could envision gracing the Miss America or Miss USA stage!   

Lupita Nyonga's dress was absolutely breathtaking on the red carpet, and an overall beauty for a pageant! The color was on point, as was the train and cuts of the dress.



Kate Hudson's gown was a looker as well. I love the deep plunge in front, not crazy about the cape-action in back, that would need to be removed. I think this number would be stellar in black for a pageant!

 
One question, does Jada Pinkett Smith age? Lord have mercy, this woman is stunning! I loved the color of this dress, and how to accentuates her small waist and killer arms. I keep going back on forth on the chiffon shoulder train... If this was for a Miss America pageant, I would recommend that the contestant keep it. However, if a Miss USA contestant was looking at a similar style, I would recommend a higher slit in the front, a key whole opening in the chest region, and no chiffon train from the back.
 
 
Closing out my list is Nancy O'Dell. I actually have a very similar dress that is short. This dress could be taken directly from the red carpet to the pageant stage with no alterations!
 

Question of the Day: Which celebrity did you think was best dressed?

Michelyn

1 comment:

  1. I love and agree. Pageant styles are in your Blood. Your Mom....Darlene Cynthia James Butler

    ReplyDelete