March 18, 2014

March Madness: Toledo Tough Style

Well, hello. Sorry for the late post this evening. I try to write my blog posts the night before and have them post some time in the day, but yesterday was a little hectic in the Kemp Household. While we were in Cleveland for the MAC conference tournament, we boarded Prince at his veterinarian's office. I absolutely adore our vet and all of the assistants but Mr. Prince simply does not bode well with being cooped up in a dog cage for long, even though they are large at the vet's office. When I got him early Monday morning, he was not in the best of moods, had an irritable stomach, and was being overly aggressive. I had to take many breaks Monday to hold/cuddle him and get on the floor, just to be close. I went for an 8-mile run after my work day, so was gone for about 1.5 hours, and upon my arrival Prince was crying miserably even though Jason had returned home from work by that time. We are aware that Prince suffers from separation anxiety, which is common is small-breed dogs, and I am certain that my work-from-home job only compounds the issue.  It's probably a safe estimate that Prince and I are in each other's company at least 20 hours/day. I have read a few websites that touch on the matter, but many of them are more relevant for dog owners who work away from the home. When I was at the natural food store a few weeks ago, I did find some natural remedies that I think I am going to try. It's a little difficult because for the most part, I am here with the dog, so he is not traumatized on a continual basis. We have decided that for our next away trip, we will board him at Sit Means Sit, our dog behavioral trainers. They have a package in which they board the dog plus do some additional training for a few hours/day. Of course this is more expensive, but the peace of mind that Mr. Prince will get out more is very comforting, plus he could use some more training, as he only gets some of the basics with us!

Ok, I know there are a few of you that just rolled your eyes at my explanation above. I do realize that Prince is just a dog! I can't help but treat him like my child, at times.



I mean, look at that face... Can you blame me?

Many people are already aware, but I did want to share my excitement for the Toledo Men's Basketball program for getting a bid into the National Invitation Tournament (NIT). The guys already headed out to Mississippi and will be playing on Wednesday verse Southern Mississippi on ESPN3! 


Let's hope the guys can pull out a W! Here is the NIT bracket:


Question of the Day: Are you following the NIT?

Michelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment