September 29, 2014

Whole 30 Food Diary: Week 4

Over the last four weeks I have learned that Coach Kemp is a superb chef! Just kidding, I knew this a long time ago. I must give him credit for cooking 90% of the meals that I have featured. 

I would not say that I dislike cooking; but rather, that he enjoys cooking and I cook to get the job done - ie.,food in my tummy. He is concerned with the presentation, and I just want to get it on the plate and into my mouth! 

So far Coach has shed 10 pounds, and I have lost about 5 pounds. Coach wants to drop another 10-15 pounds before our trip to Hawaii so I think we may stick with the plan for a little longer. He too is trying to amp up his workouts, and has begun running a little. I am very proud of Coach's efforts on both fronts - nutrition and working out. It gets really tough once the season starts to keep a consistent, healthy routine so I am trying to be as supportive as possible. 

Now a few caveats is that we did not follow a few guidelines, for example, alcohol. I mentioned in my last post that I decreased my intake but not to zero drinks a week. I too was unable to kick my coffee with creamer habit (albeit I used coconut creamer + Stevia); the plan prefers that you drink black coffee with no sugar. 

Here is a look at our most recent eats:

Salmon, Onion & Red Pepper Scramble with Steamed Broccoli, Tomatoes And Navel Orange 

Salmon And Green Beans with Bacon


Applegate Hot Dogs, Steamed Broccoli And Broiled Corn


I have craved about this corn before on the blog, but it is so good that it deserves another shout-out! It is the easiest side dish to ever create, I promise. Now, the corn MUST be frozen and I must admit that the frozen corn from Wal-Mart is the best by far! But, if you don't frequent Wal-Mart (no judgement, as I opposed going there all last year after my robbery), then opt for a organic bag instead. Do not, I repeat, do not try this with the Meijer brand of corn - it is awful! 

Ok, all you do is spread the frozen corn on the baking sheet. Turn the oven on broil, and move the shelf to the top row. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and then salt and pepper on the frozen corn, Do not thaw out corn. Place in oven under broil for 10-15 minutes, checking frequently. You want the corn to have a nice golden color with a little brown.

You can thank me later!

Egg Bake with Spinach, Red Peppers, and Seasoning, Applegate Sausage And 1/2 Apple

Organic Sausage and Sauteed Red Peppers (Multiple Servings)


Scrambled Eggs, Applegate Sausage, 1/2 Apple, And Spinach Salad with Salsa

Turkey Meatballs, Steamed Broccoli, Guacamole, And Banana

Pork Roast And Grilled Potatoes

Scrambled Eggs, Ground Turkey, and Salsa


Michelyn

Question of the Day: Have you tried the Whole 30 program? What were your thoughts?

Whole 30 Food Diaries:
Week 3
Week 2
Week 1

No comments:

Post a Comment