October 25, 2014

Weekly Round-up II

Hello weekend! How I longed for you for 5 days straight! 

Ugh, this week at work was challenging, and I am ever-so glad for a few days to unwind and not think about education and educational reform. 

My one question to policymakers is if they really evaluate and consider the impact these educational reforms have on our children and teachers! I am a huge proponent for improving  the educational trajectories and lives of all of our youth... But, do continual state-level assessments really do this? 

Parents, have you looked to see the number of tests our school-age children are now being asked to complete? I urge you to review their school calendar and take a look. And, the results are tied to teacher's pay! 

I understand accountability, but I am not sure if this is the best route. This whole Common Core initiative really has me flustered because now every teacher wants their struggling student to have an Individualized Education Program (IEP)! C-R-A-Z-Y, I tell  you!!!

Wow, that little intro was a monumental digress from my weekly round-up post! Let's see some eats and workouts from the week.

Butterflied Chicken with Roasted Vegetables




Pure amazingness was the chicken with roasted vegetables. The most challenging part of the directions was butterflying the chicken! I would highly recommend this recipe (can be found at the bottom of the Whole 30 recipe link) for any family as it is healthy and  basically a one pot meal so great for quick clean-up!

Scrambled Eggs with Butterflied Chicken, Roasted Potatoes & Brussel Sprouts, Organic Turkey Sausage & Strawberries

Paleo Sweet Potato Joes


I am not sure if I have shared enough my love for sweet potatoes. Lately, they have been eaten at an all-time high. This recipe was sooo good, and super easy - another great one for families. 

I did not take pictures of the several lunches in which I had a sweet potato + nut butter with a side salad. It really is one of my favorite lunch combos!

Mexican Morning Scramble (Eggs & Pepper Mix), Avocado and Organic Turkey Sausage

Grilled Chicken Salad w/ Bacon & Cheese

Pumpkin Waffle (Pumkin & Eggs) And Organic Turkey Sausage

Turkey Sausage, Steamed Broccoli, & Red Pepper and Parmesean French Fries
Oh My Goodness these fries are to die for!!!!! I am on the hunt for a potato cutter because Coach Kemp and I have an affinity for all fries - sweet potato and now these! 

$20 Athens Farmer Market goods



Feel free to follow my Whole 30/Paleo Pinterest board for all of these recipes and so many more!


Weekly Workouts: October 19-25

Sunday
7 Miles

Monday
5-5-5-5 Deadlift
My performance:: 165lbs

For Time
10-20-40
Wall Ball (14lbs)
Push ups
Lap with Ball (14lbs)
My Performance:: 12:43

Tuesday
For Time
5 rounds:
10 thrusters (I did 65lbs)
27 TTB
83 double unders
31 kettlebell swings
My Performance:: 28:31

Wednesday
12 min EMOM
4 HSPU
4 Rows

10min AMRAP
10 hang power clean (I did 65lbs)
10 rung dips
20 air squats
My Performance:: 5 rounds

Thursday
Rest Day
Ok, I hate when I take rest days and then I learn they did an awesome WOD. It happens EVERY time. 

Friday
3-3-3-3 Push Press
My Performance:: 85lbs

1-12
Burpee
Pull-ups
My Performance:: 14:10

Saturday (Open Gym)
I warmed up with a 500m of rows in 2:11.

I then worked on form for the following moves:
kips
pull ups
overhead squasts
squats

For Time:
15 x 2
Wall Ball (14 lbs)
DU
Push Ups
Overhead squats (45lbs)
Walking Lunges (45lbs)
1min rest
My Performance:: 12:50


Michelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment