October 7, 2014

What is Next?!?

If you have been following this blog for more than this first post, you may have garnered that I am a planner. Planner in the sense that I like to have an accurate outlook on events that will be occurring in the near future (i.e., 2-6 months).

It is a good and bad quality of mine since you cannot plan for 100% of life events. I am truly trying to live more in the moment, rather than always wanting to know 'what is next.' However, I love Outlook Calendar, Google Calendar, and Cozi! And yes, I utilize all three!!!

After my race on Saturday, I asked myself what race will I train for next?!? I have decided to put away my running shoes for a little while and focus on CrossFit which is my new obsession. Confession - this just means I will not be "training" for a race, I most certainly will still get in a few runs every week! (Got to keep it honest, lol).

Over the last few weeks I have made some major gains at my box, but I want to improve even more. I shared frequently how it was a struggle for me to balance my running with crossfitting. I do believe it eased with time, and my emphasis was most definitely on CrossFit, rather than intense running training.Overall, there are major benefits for runners to incorporate strength training into their workout routine.

I do foresee myself running another half marathon and marathon in the near future - most likely not in 2014 though!

I am currently on the watch for a Turkey Trot in my area for Thanksgiving Day! My father will be in town, and I am trying to support push his athletic-training endeavors.


Question of the Day: Are you a planner or do you take things day by day?

Michelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment