April 1, 2015

BBBC: One Moment, One Morning

It is April 1st! Later this afternoon, Coach and I head off to Indianapolis for the Final Four festivities! I truly can not contain my excitement to see some of my beloved coach's wives and to make new friends while there!

This year's show will not be going down like last year (Wednesday; Thursday/Friday) but we still have some fun days and nights planned. I guess I can ensure that I am the first one in the hotel gym, since I have no excuses, lol!

For the month of March the Beauty Blogger Book Club read One Moment, One Morning by Sarah Rayner. This book was chosen by Rachel who blogs over at Love To Be Busy. Here is the synopsis of the book:

The Brighton to London line. The 07:44 train. Carriages packed with commuters. A woman applies her make-up. Another occupies her time observing the people around her. A husband and wife share an affectionate gesture. Further along, a woman flicks through a glossy magazine. Then, abruptly, everything changes: a man has a heart attack, and can't be resuscitated; the train is stopped, an ambulance called. For at least three passengers on the 07:44 on that particular morning, life will never be the same again. Lou witnesses the man's final moments. Anna and Lou share a cab when they realise the train is going nowhere fast. Anna is Karen's best friend. And Karen? Karen's husband is the man who dies. Telling the story of the week following that fateful train journey, One Moment, One Morning is a stunning novel about love and loss, about family and - above all - friendship. A stark reminder that, sometimes, one moment is all it takes, it also reminds us that somehow, and despite everything, life can and does go on.

 One Moment, One Morning is an emotional tale of love, friendship and loss as well as strength.Strength found within and between women, at that! The three women are involved in different emotional levels to the death, but in being brought together the incident allows them to examine their own lives in a different light and discover what is important and how they can make changes for the better.

Poignantly, this book had me mulling over so many things. First, it made me realize that I need to cherish those that I love on a more regular basis. Second, I questioned my calling in life, and my overall happiness in all the roles that I play. We only get one chance at this game called life, and I wonder(ed) how I may make my being more meaningful and support my family unit. Lastly, it made me think about becoming a mother and the struggles that will invariably ensue.  

This is no easy read, but it is one that I highly suggest. It will make you cry, laugh and rejoice. You will sympathize and pain for the three women, and then rejoice at the freedom that comes at the end!

Now, head on over the the other Members' blogs to see what they thought about the book!

Heather - Love To Be Busy

For the month of April we are reading "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. I chose this book after stumbling across Business Insider's "100 Books Everyone Should Read" list! This book is ranked #16 out of 100. I do see that it is a little long - sorry ladies - but it has received great reviews for many, many years! 

If you are a blogger, and are interested in joining our book club, please Contact Me to learn more. If you do not write a blog that is ok, because you can still join in on the fun!

Each month, one of the Beauty Blogger Book Club (BBBC) members will choose a book for the Club to read. At the beginning of the following month, we each write a book report/summary for our readers to enjoy and share the book for the following month!

Question of the Day: What did you think of "One Moment, One Morning?"

Michelyn Cynthia

1 comment: