If you recall from last week, our home game verse Ohio was "White Out!" Toledo fans were asked to wear white to the game, and there was also a white headband give-away. I thought the white headband give-away was super cute since our Junior forward, J.D. Weatherspoon (aka Spoon) always wears a white headband! I took to Instagram after the game and saw many of our 6th man crew sporting the white headband with the hashtags such as #Spoon, #WeatherSpoon #6thMan. Maybe you have to be a coaches' wife to really think this is awesome :)
Also, an unplanned twin action occurred between myself and Rebekah Bennet, wife to our Director of Operations, Michael Bennet. If you follow me on Instagram , then you have already seen this picture.
How funny is that? We are both wearing yellow jeans, white shirts, navy accents and our Louis Vuitton purses. I even have that Toledo shirt that she is wearing! And, she was wearing leopard loafers, and I own a pair as well but decided to wear cowboy boots instead, trying to keep those Texas vibes flowing for the Final Four!
Sat, Feb. 15 at Eastern Michigan (44-65)
- UT has scored 80 or more points in six straight games.
- Toledo is 12-0 at home this season and has won 13 straight games in Savage Arena since the 2012-13 campaign.
- The Rockets are 19-0 when holding their opponent under 80 points and 14-0 when outshooting their opponent.
- UT has scored 80 or more points in 16 of 24 games.
- Toledo is 12-2 in games decided by 10 points or less.
- The Rockets have placed four players in double figures in 20 of 24
- UT is 15-1 when out rebounding its opponent.
- Senior guard Rian Pearson finished one point shy of his career high with 29 points. He tied his career high with 12 field goal attempts and now leads the Rockets with 14.6 ppg.
- Junior guard Julius (Juice) Brown grabbed a season-high six rebounds to go along with 17 points and six assists.
- Junior forward J.D. Weatherspoon grabbed a team-high eight boards, marking the fourth straight game he has led or shared the team lead in rebounds. He leads UT with 6.9 rpg overall and 8.2 rpg in MAC play.
- Freshman guard Jonathan Williams registered his fifth double-digit scoring effort of the season with 12 points in a season-high 36 minutes. He sank six-of-eight free throws and ranks third on the team with an 81.3 FT%.
- Toledo’s three-game win streak vs. the Eagles was snapped today. The Rockets still lead the all-time series by a 47-44 margin.
- Toledo registered season lows for points (44), points for a half (22), FG% (25.9) and FG% in a half (24.1).
- The last time the Rockets scored 44 points or less in a game was a 42-39 setback at EMU on Jan. 21, 2012.
- The Rockets’ minus-13 rebounding differential was its largest of the conference campaign and the second-highest of the season behind Kansas’ plus-16 advantage.
- Freshman guard Jonathan (Jon Jon) Williams scored in double figures for a second-straight game as well as the third time in the last five contests. In his last five games, he is averaging 10.4 ppg with a 46.2 3PTFG% (12-of-26). For the season, he is averaging 7.4 ppg with a 36.5 3PTFG% (27-of-74).
- Williams also tied his season high with five field goals made and established season best for field-goal attempts (11) and three-point field-goal attempts (8).
Thurs, Feb. 20 @ Bowling Green
You can catch this game at 9:00pm EST on ESPNU!
Sun, Feb. 23 vs. Ball State
Enjoy the "Happy" video showcasing the Toledo Rocket's athletic department, Go Rockets!