February 19, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW): 2.18.14

Breakfast

I ended up working out after-work, so I did not consume my pre-workout BCAA's as I did last week.  So, to break my fast, I had three Applegate breakfast sausages, sauteed spinach, and blueberries. I highly recommend the Applegate brand as it is GMO-free and organic . I have only tried the Chicken and Apple Breakfast Sausage, but many at my gym also rave over the bacon! I will pick this up at The Fresh Market this weekend! I have included the recipe for the sauteed spinach below. It is super easy and free of all oils!

Sauteed Spinach Recipe

Ingredients:

  • Handful fresh spinach
  • Organic Minced Garlic
  • 1/4 c Organic Tomato Sauce
1. Place organic tomato sauce in pan, with a "squeeze" of minced garlic. Allow pan to get hot.
2. Place fresh spinach in pan, stir frequently and allow to wilt
3. Serve and enjoy!


Snack #1

On our 7 week challenge we are encouraged to eat plan 2% Greek yogurt. Chobani is my favorite brand, and can be purchased in the larger containers at most grocery stores and/or Costo/Sam's. This is a new-to-me concoction of 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 2-3 drops of Cinnamon Vanilla NOW Better Stevia liquid sweetener (so yum), and a sliced banana. I then added two small yellow tomatoes to get some veggies in as well.



Lunch

Last week I discussed my desires to decrease my oil intake, and one of my childhood friends, Chris (Hall) Curtis who blogs at Curtis Family, shared with me that she and her health-conscious husband sautee using water! What! So, of course I had to give it a try. I used water to saute the onion and mushroom mixture, and it was delicious! I will share the recipe for this dish tomorrow, so stay tuned. I also used Bragg's Liquid Amino's instead of salt. I know, I said I was not going to fret over my salt consumption, but I lied and I think it is for the good!



Snack #2

Prior to getting my sweat on at Renegade, I decided to make a quick protein shake. The base of this shake is HerbaLife, since Jason and I are distributors, contact me if interested. Are you wondering if your computer screen is ok, it is! I also added a serving of Swanson's Green Food which made the shake green, like The Hulk. I also added a frozen 1/2 banana, water, and natural/organic peanut butter.  It was so darn good!


Dinner

Dinner was oh so delicious! My husband is half-way on this healthy-eating bandwagon, but last night's dinner may have made him a converter. This is flank steak from The Fresh Market which we allowed to marinate for 2 days. I also had a small side salad with a super easy dressing of Red Wine Vinegar + 1 Stevia packet. I actually made enough for two salads with that recipe, and I was surprised that I enjoyed my salad much better! Jason also threw in a little feta cheese, which never hurt nobody!


I too purchased a food scale, or two, to be exact last Sunday. In the picture, below, you can see that I first bought a super cheap-o one. When I opened it to use, I learned that it was broken! Now this thing only cost $5.99, so I should not have been surprised. Lesson learned that sometimes, ok most times, it is worth paying a little extra for an item that is more durable and last-longing. I then went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and purchased the Biggest Loser 6.6 lb Digital Kitchen Scale. This only cost $19.99 and then I was able to use a 20% coupon, major score!


Do you use a kitchen scale? What brand?

What flavors of NOW Better Stevia have you tried?

What do you enjoy in your smoothie?

Michelyn

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny :). I am glad the water worked. I love that your dinner was hubby approved as that is still a challenge some days.

    ReplyDelete