February 12, 2015

CAUTION: Driving While Pregnant

Over the last 7 days, I have been the victim of not one but two incidents. Both of these vehicular occurences were no fault of my own, but just more reason why I need to keep my pregnant self INSIDE!

Last Monday while driving home from the gym, I nearly got side swept by another driver who was attempting to enter the roadway. Thank goodness I was able to swerve drastically to the right to prevent a real collision; I was beyond miffed.

 I may or may not have stopped my car (in the middle of the road), exited my car, and yelled some profanities at the offender before continuing home. I do not recommend following suit as there are too many crazies in this world.

What irked me more? A police car was stationed about a quarter of a mile from my incident. By the time I reached the policeman, the offender had already turned right down another street! 

Then on Tuesday of this week while driving home from the gym, again, I was parked at a red light. The car behind me desired to make a left hand turn, instead of waiting until there was enough room for her car to fit in the turn lane, she thought it appropriate to scratch the whole side of my car to get by!

Honestly, what is wrong with people?

Where was she rushing to? A fast food restaurant, ugh!

As you can see, I am often found driving to/from the gym and there seems to be a trend with accidents when this occurs. Sorry, I will not be stopping my daily workouts, but I may get this car decal.
 I also feel it important to now apologize to any pregnant woman that may have been in the wrath of my youthful driving days. I have no recollections of getting in any car accidents with an expecting woman, though I am certain I have frightened one at some point

Michelyn Cynthia

Question of the Day: How would you have responded if you nearly got side-swept in a horrible accident while pregnant?

2 comments:

  1. That is so scary! When you're pregnant, your hormones are pumping like crazy… I might have yelled too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping mom rage calms down in the next 5 months! LoL

      Delete