April 16, 2014

Chambray & Stripes - Corilynn Style

If you have been reading this blog for at least three weeks then you know that I attended the Final Four in Dallas, TX with Coach Kemp. The Final Four corresponds with the National Association of Basketball Coach's yearly conference. I have already shared about my first three nights in two posts (Weds and Thurs & Fri), but I wanted to share a little more details about my outfit from Friday night!

I have been enamored with Corilynn's blog and clothing for some time now. Her designs are simple and elegant, and her daily style, showcased on her blog and Instagram, is stylish yet simple. When we decided that I would attend the Final Four this year, of course all of my energy surrounded what was I going to pack! I was elated to have a reason to purchase a skirt from her line.


Here we are at the Adidas party. I ordered The Pencil Skirt:: Awning Stripe in a size 4. I did have to have the skirt taken in quite a bit in the waist but it fit snug in hips and rear, just for your knowledge! I have plans to order The Riding Skirt, and am thinking that a Size 4 will fit because the skirt is A-line, verse pencil-style.

Please check out her clothing line, and also "back her" in her new adventure with Kickstarter! Have you heard of Kickstarter?  Well it is an avenue that allows small businesses to start up or grow their companies. Regular individuals, can invest or finance their project! Well, she only has 7 MORE DAYS and is under $2,000.00 away from her goal. See the thing is that you either are 100% funded or you are not! And, if you don't get 100% backing then your investors won't get their purchase. And well, I want another Corilynn design in my closet, like yesterday!


I paired The Riding Skirt with a chambray J. Crew top, and some baubles from Brina Box. This is not a great picture, still learning how those Fashion Bloggers take selfies, but the necklace is the Almond Statement Necklace. I also wore my red Jessica Simpson pumps which I have had for a number of years. I purchased the purse last year while in Vegas from Guess by Marciano.

I like the mix of colors, and I am look forward to wearing my Corilynn skirt here in the Spring!

Question of the Day: Do you try to buy local, or at least in the USA? What stores are your favorite?

Michelyn

1 comment:

  1. Look at you with the selfies! I loved this outfit on you too!

    ReplyDelete