April 22, 2014

The Storm is Subsiding

I have to admit, the last two weeks have brought a whirlwind of emotion. I have finally gotten back into the swing of blogging, which took a backseat especially the first week after we learned that we would be moving to Athens! That first week, I was a mix of emotions.

Tuesday, was most certainly my lowest. I cried about four times throughout the day. Everything moved so quickly for this transition, and I am just now at a point where it has all digested. Now, I am a person that cries when she is sad, mad, happy, excited, hormonal - you name it!

My first crying session erupted during Coach Saul Phillips press conference at about 2:00 pm. He noted that my husband was his first hire, and at that moment, tears of delight came thundering down. Then, the whole press conference simply had me in a tizzy.

My second cry fest occurred later in day, after work when I went for a run. Yes, this lady cried while running! I know, who the hell does that?!?! Well, let me explain. While running, Emily Ryan began texting me a number of Athens-related questions, and I simply became overwhelmed. Now, what in the world was I doing looking at or even responding to text messages, is besides me. Her questions were very appropriate - basically about Athens, schools, the city, etc. but it just got me so flustered because I felt so unprepared for this move. But, I am so happy that I have been able to assist us ALL in this move; whether because I obviously have a little more time on my hands, (I have no little ones running around) or just being a sounding board, or the one that will do some investigating if needed. We have all been each other's assets in this move and I am very gracious to Nicole and Emily!

My third cry fest occurred while watching Dave Richman's press conference at 7:00 pm! This was the ugliest of cries, I might add, but 100% joyous! Coach Kemp and I are beyond enthused for the Richman Family. Coach Kemp and Coach Richman are really close, I mean he was in our wedding! Stephanie took me under her wings while in Fargo, and I am forever grateful for her friendship that continues to blossom. (Ok, I am getting teary-eyed just writing this paragraph!).

Then my final crying session occurred while trying to go to sleep. Many college basketball coach's wives will share that the basketball season is fun, but it is also very long and trying on your relationship and marriage. I was really looking forward to the end of the basketball season to relax, unwind, and celebrate another successful season, but there I was in my bed alone. I felt overwhelmed because hadn't I just spent a few summer months alone in Fargo while Coach Kemp moved to Toledo!?! How in the world were we in this predicament again?!? Luckily, Ohio University is not a long drive from Toledo, so I am glad we are able to see each other on the weekends, but it still is hard especially since he and the rest of the staff are extremely busy re-building the OU team. Currently, they are piecing together the final members of the 2014-15 men's roster which entails lots of travel. And to make matters worse, that first week I believe I was only able to talk to him for a total of 30 minutes! It was absolutely crazy. I had my father and his family members calling me, asking why he hadn't returned their calls, etc. I was like, well I have only spoken to him for like 30 minutes the last few days, so I am not sure what to tell you! I can't even begin to tell you how many phone calls and text messages he was receiving, honestly it was absurd.

So I thank each of you for continuing to visit BBB while I was on a little hiatus. I think I am back to my old self, blogging and not feeling so overwhelmed. I also have developed a to-do list which has subsided some of my anxiety about this move. I knew when we married that each move would become more and more challenging, and owning a home plus our little Prince has added a layer to the logistical planning that predominately lies on my shoulders. Now, do not get me wrong, I would not be very willing to give many, if any, of these responsibilities to Coach Kemp, so that is not a complaint, just the truth. In addition, I am very aware that this move may me a little more challenging than Move #1, but overall, this is pretty simple compared to Nicole and Emily who both have children to consider. So, I will stop my complaining for this post, and simply be happy!

Go Bobcats!

Michelyn

2 comments:

  1. You are going to do great Michelyn. All the details will fall right into place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct. Going to Athens this week to figure things out :)

    ReplyDelete