December 16, 2014

CocoButter Fail!

Happy Tuesday Beauties!

For some time I have been yearning to sample flavored coconut butter. I have seen many bloggers and IG posts rejoice about its yummy flavor and taste. I was super ecstatic when I saw that Nikki's Coconut Butter has a 3oz trial of 6 of their flavors - Mini Sampler Pack. Naturally, I jumped on the opportunity to try many, and not commit to a large jar.

Thank heavens I went this route....

I am utterly disappointment in flavored coconut butter! And it's a little disappointing because I had so much excitement for the product. The package arrived about a week ago, and it just sat on my kitchen counter until the perfect opportunity - yesterday afternoon for my pm snack!

I tried each of the six flavors with a gluten-free pretzel. I typically enjoy an apple with natural nut butter, but elected to purchase the pretzels to ensure that the apple was not overpowering the flavor of the coconut butter. Well, even with a bland gluten-free pretzel, many of the flavors were difficult to discern. 

The package contained: Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie, Dark Chocolate, Fudge, Honey Pecan Pie, Pumpkin Spiced Donut, and Vanilla Cake Batter. Of all these flavors, my favorite (one I could tolerate/eat again) was Pumpkin Spiced Donut which had a nice cinnamon spiced flavor. The Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie was not very chocolately but more hazelnut flavor and very light. The other three could not even be categorized.

Now, what do I do with the rest of the coconut butters? I need some ideas, so please provide some recommendations. Coach Kemp and I do use coconut oil in some of our cooking. I was thinking for dessert making which seldomly occurs in our house!

Michelyn


No comments:

Post a Comment