January 20, 2015

A-Game Attire with Not Skinny/Not Rich



I'm Danyelle Musselman, wife of Eric Musselman (Associate Coach at LSU). I spent 13 years as a sports anchor, but have traded that in for an even harder job… being a mom to our 5 year old daughter Mariah. About 6 months ago I started a lifestyle blog, Not Skinny/Not Rich, to share my love of fashion, fitness, good food, and motivation. It can get crazy and stressful at times, but I love being married to a coach! Eric was a two time NBA head coach, but has now jumped head first into college coaching. We are in our second city in three years, and so far, it's been a thrilling ride.

How did you and coach meet?
I used to work as a national sports anchor, and was speaking at a coaches convention is Los Angeles. My husband was in the audience and we met after I was done speaking… we were engaged six months later!  

Tell us a little about your college team.
 Right now my husband is the Associate Coach at LSU, marking the first time that either of us have lived in a "college town." Eric's coaching career has mainly been in the NBA, and our first college job was at Arizona State, so we lived in Scottsdale for two years. Our experience in Baton Rouge has been awesome! The entire city rallies around LSU and the majority of the residents here are huge fans. LSU is an amazing school!


Top: Equipment
Jeans: Citizens of Humanity
Booties: Vince Camuto (old) similar here
Bracelets: Salvatore Ferragamo
Bag: Gucci 

 Explain your general game-day attire stye.
 I love that I found that button down shirt in a school color, because purple and gold attire isn't easy to come by. I generally find myself in white or black tops paired with skinny jeans. I'm a huge lover of boots and booties. This season's splurge was a pair of Stuart Weitzman Lowland boots #obsessed!  



Where do you typically purchase your game-day attire? Favorite stores?
I love to bargain shop! I find most of my basics at outlet stores like Neiman Marcus Last Call and Nordstrom Rack. My absolute favorite store is Nordstrom, but I can only online shop there right now (there are none in the entire state). My sister-in-law has her own clothing line, Koch, so I tend to wear a lot of her pieces too.  

What is your most memorable basketball experience to date?
I have two! When we were with Arizona State University, we upset the University of Arizona (who are the Sun Devils biggest rivals and were ranked #1 at the time) in double overtime. I didn't think that win would be topped, but last week LSU pulled off a double overtime victory over the University of Georgia that was insane. We were down almost 10 points with 2 minutes to play, but kept fighting.  
What tips can you provide to other coach's wives (and significant others)?
First, learn to be independent. The guys are going to be gone, they're going to have last minute recruiting trips, and they're going to be busy… it just comes with the job. Second, find a support system. Often we are in new cities with no family, so don't be afraid to ask for help. Here at LSU we have a Bible study that wives of coaches from all sports attend. It is SO amazing to have a group of ladies with shared experiences to bond with. Also, the basketball wives here are very close friends. We help each other out with everything and spend time together when the guys are on the road.

Danyelle Musselman
Not Skinny/Not Rich

I have officially found another coach's wife/mommy crush in Danyelle. I know, my devoted readers are thinking that I recently said that about Stephanie Richman, wife to NDSU Head Coach, David Richman. Don't worry, I still crush Stephanie and openly share this admiration with her on a frequent basis, most recently on Saturday!

I have not formally met Danyelle but feel like we are besties, well at least I am claiming her as one, ha! Well, the only catch-up with our friendship could be the fact that we graduated from Florida in-state rivals! She graduated from Florida State University; myself the University of Florida (Go Gators)! I am willing to over-look this faux pas, since her style and personality seem to be right up my alley! And her daughter, Mariah, is ABSOLUTELY precious and gushing with personality as I aspire for Little Miss Kemp.

If you or are a friend is interested in being featured, please Contact Me for additional information!

Michelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment