January 28, 2015

Bump Watch: Week 18

We take bump pictures on Sunday, when I am technically Xweeks 2days along, and my grey shirt was in the laundry basket. The grey tank will return next week! 

How Far Along:: 18 weeks

Size of Baby:: Miss Kemp is the size of a sweet potato!

Gender:: It's A Girl!

Stretch Marks:: I believe we are good! Remember, I am using a combination of oils + lotions plus lots of water drinking!

Sleep:: Going good. I am making a conscientious effort to sleep on my side more, and have begun investigating various pregnancy pillows. But overall, I sleep like a rock, and only remember my 2-3 nightly bathroom visits.

Question: Which pregnancy pillow would you recommend?

Exercise::The cats out the bag - this lady truly feels pregnant when working out! I know, I've been pregnant for 5 months, but it truly hit me this week, Saturday to be exact.

Saturday's WOD was one of the infamous benchmark hero WODS, Carse. And well, it kicked me in my A*S! I scaled down the weights to 45lbs for the squat clean and 95lbs for deadlifts; I too only used a 18" box for the box jumps, but the shear mass of the workout- holy moley! My mantra was "You're pregnant; you're not out of shape! Keep moving and breathing." I honestly payed no attention to the clock as I did not want to add that pressure of a time component. There are no PRs (personal records) while pregnant. As long as I am staying active, then I am one happy camper!

Cravings:: Tomorrow I plan to compile some of my healthy eats that have been lessening my urge for crappy foods, but the other night I did have a dream about Taco Bell! I can't even remember the last time I consumed Taco Bell, but I was eating it during my dream, and then thought about it for a good portion of my day. Luckily, it is clear across town, and the thoughts of the repercussions (i.e., stomach ache) prevented me from hopping in the car and heading that way.

Miss Anything::Saturday's game was a nail biter - see the winning dunk from my MAC Mania post. Well, while the game, ok towards the end, a headache returned and I neglected to bring my peppermint oil with me. I now know that I need to travel with it in my purse; it's not called "essential" oil for nothing. I am attributing my headache to the game, but it too made me yearn for a post-game cocktail! We went out to dinner, and the restaurant only served Pepsi, which I am not a fan of, so I stuck with water; rather than splurging on a diet coke.

Symptoms:: Not only have I been deflated during my workouts, but also during work. I was really beginning to think that I would escape momnesia (aka pregnancy brain), but it hit late in my 17th week and now strong for week 18. I am a notorious note-taker, but have ramped it up lately.

Belly Button In or Out:: In

Movement:: On Sunday I was nearly certain I felt some movement, on the left side of my uterus. It was as if some part of her body was "stretching" along my insides. Not sure if it is a hallucination as I haven't been still since Sunday night when I was watching Miss Universe

Looking Forward to:: Non-pregnancy related, but I get my hair done on Saturday in Columbus! I will post a few pictures on Instagram, hope you are following me!

On My Mind: Not pregnancy-related, but more blog-related in nature. With the new year, and the fact that I do not consider myself a fashion blogger, I am wavering on my continuation of my game-day posts! I will be gone for a stretch of home games coming up, so I will mull it over, but I honestly love bargain shopping at Nordstrom Rack, TJMaxx, DSW, and the sale section of ShopBop. 95% of my attire come from those shops, and many have been purchased months ago! I have never been a person who can go shopping for one item. If I am going shopping, it is a "throw it in the bag" type of fiasco; hence my love for discounted stores. The only time bargain and/or sale becomes non-existent is when I am shopping for a new purse. I still follow the "throw it the bag" mentality but at Louis Vuitton which HAS gotten me in trouble!

So back to the A-Game Attire series... Is it even worth doing game-day attire posts if my followers can't actually go out and purchase those items today!?! Ok, there are bigger fish to fry, but just something I have been wondering about and a reason why those posts have diminished. Let me know your thoughts.

Another issue, is the fact that I have not been able to sync my getting dressed with Coach Kemp's departure time so that too has made it a little difficult.

After our game on Saturday, and a win nonetheless, a very jubilant Coach obliged for some picture taking.




Cardigan: The Other Place (local Athens store on Court Street)
Tank: Target
Pants: Nine West via TJMaxx (old); similar, similar
Boots: Gifted

Best Moment of the Week::Coach having a last-minute schedule change, and being home on Sunday, rather than out recruiting!

Michelyn Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment